Molulton Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skybird

Reaction score
I talked to Kevin this week, and he said it would probably be the middle of May before they open the quarry. They opened it April last year and since it was still pretty chilly didn't have many people come. The will open for a group before that if asked.

I am waiting anxiously for my gear to come in. If it gets in I may be looking for someone to go somewhere, anywhere with water the last weekend in April.

Skybird

Skybird. I've been in the Moulton Quarry before in April. Cold is an under-statement. Bottom temps of the deep end were in the 30's. I mean it was *******-cold ! The upper basin was still in the 50's. Even that was cold.

The only people they'll have doing much diving there until June will be dry-suit divers. Moulton is just a cold quarry.

As for other places to go. Bluewater is open now with water temps around 55f below the thermocline. Marthas quarry near Nashville is open also. Their "customer appreciation day" is may 13th and offers free admission I think.

so what kind of gear did you get/order?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom