Any and all recipes!!!!HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tehkraken

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, can anyone help me? I am looking for any and all good recipes that would cater to our special physical needs as divers. Any desserts? Any full course meals? Any snacks? Anything needed!!! Thanks!!!
Cheers, Josh

Josh, here's what I carry in a cooler on every dive:

Vegetables - Cucumbers, Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Pepers.
Fruits - Everything I can get in my local market, the keyword is fresh.
Sweets - all sorts of pastries, Chocolate and what everyone "hates" to eat because they are on a diet and you're ruining my diet!! :D

A night before I eat carbohydrates, like rice, potatoes and sometimes meat - chicken/2 pound steak.

On the morning I eat pickles, eggs and drink plenty of water.

After the dive I just finish whatever left in the cooler..

Hard to beat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich between dives.

green eggs and ham will get you going. :wink:

C'mon
It simple.
A lot of veggies, fruits, fishes. Olive oil, milk, cheese. Not much meat though.
And water to drink - plenty of.
Mania

Sounds like a recipe for inflated wetsuit... :D

If you have a good eating and conditioning program in your life as a normal part of you behavior you should be good to go. If I had to single out one thing it would be staying hydrated -- with water. A Yahoo search yielded several links, but this one seemed most reasonable --> http://www.scuba-doc.com/Eatdive.htm.

As for me, I am active in SCUBA, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities and therefore monitor my performance and diet kind of closely. I am not strict about my diet, I love my Hooters wings(not to mention the girls), my Crown and Coke, and a good Key Lime pie(try the one at Hooters) -- the key is moderation in your intake and doing something active, often.

Disclaimer --> I am not a doctor, nor do I aspire to be one. These are my opinions and they may be full of s**t, but they works for me. No one can tell you what is best for you except for you.

Good luck and don't forget to enjoy life!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom