nite-diver HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter McGuinness:
I have seen these lights on ebay recently and poked around their website a bit. Anyone have an opinion/experience of them? The price looks good compared to the alternatives but what is the quality like?

Peter
If you are referring to nite rider I have not owned the HID but I have the blackwater 3000 Nite rider has excellent service and they make lights for many different industries

I have a Nite Rider HID 10W HID light. It's a nice, compact little light, very tough and reliable. The beam is not very well focused, especially compared with my Salvo, and 10W is excellent at night in the Caribbean but not powerful enough to cut through Puget Sound murk in the daytime. Customer service from Nite Rider is absolutely superb.

It was a very good light (and my husband is now using it) but diving with buddies with the focused beam 21W HIDs gave me light envy, and I upgraded.

I have a halogen blackwater 3000, not the HID, but have been real happy with it. Quality is good, and service has been amazing. I had a switch flood on a night dive and they replaced the whole setup. It took less than a week IIRC.

I bought a Salvo made Sea Elite from Diveus. It was $450 for a fixed beam 10 W HID and am very happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom