Russian frieghter / Tex Edwards dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwhitlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Left out to sea on 4-22-2006 around 0900 hrs. on the H2O below captained by Doug Hammond . Seas 3-4 ft. with your occasional 5 ft. Ounce we made it out to the freighter the sea calmed down to a steady roll of around 2-3 ft.With air temps in the
80s.
Russian Freighter
Water temps were in the mids 60s and the vis ranged from about 40-60 ft. on the bottom after getting through a slight murk layer on the surface. There was alot of marine life including a good size Barracuda who hung around about 10 yds. away and checked the spear fishing activity . My buddy was able to pole spear three good sized flounder . I managed to stay down 28 mins. with a max bottom time of 83 ft.

Tex Edwards
The seas calmed down to about 1-2 ft . and the vis. was alot better here at times even up to about 80 ft. but the average was around 50 ft. Lots of Snapper and Trigger fish . The resident Dolphin who hangs around the wreck came within about 10 ft. of me and my buddy . My max depth was 75 ft. and I stayed down for 30 mins. But now I'm hooked after watching everybody spear fish , I am absolutley getting a spear gun or at least pole spear to begin with.

Two great dives cant wait to go again........

Two gre

Great report JW, sounds like offshore is the place to be this weekend. The beaches don't look too bad either. I'm looking to dive today at either the Whiskey(anytime) or the Jetties(6PM) if I can find a buddy. Webcams aren't showing much surf on the break and the water looks decent as far as I can tell.

Got an extra pollspear if you're intrested in giving it a go :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Great report JW, sounds like offshore is the place to be this weekend. The beaches don't look too bad either. I'm looking to dive today at either the Whiskey(anytime) or the Jetties(6PM) if I can find a buddy. Webcams aren't showing much surf on the break and the water looks decent as far as I can tell.

Got an extra pollspear if you're intrested in giving it a go :wink:
Vis was alot better this time on the freighter then when we went in January..And alot warmer...I sent you a PM....

Got it, tomorrow sounds good to me - I'll call tomorrow to finalize plans :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom