Whiskey Wreck 4-24-6 Night Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Shin/knee high wind surf on the break and fairly poor visibility initially, caused for a rather dull beginning to our dive. Found the wreck without any trouble. The east side of the wreck had better visibility at 5-10' for the most part, while the west side ended up carrying most of the trash on the bottom of the site as well as a nasty algae snot causing for visibility in the 6"-3' range. By mid dive, the wind and little bit of surf had died down a bit and visibility improved slightly. Water temps ranged between 68-73F We saw pinfish and squid schooling about. Lots of large blue crabs have found home on the Whiskey. A few sheepshead are still hanging around as well as a few large catfish finding their way there at night. As for flounder? Mikey Paul and I saw 6-7 of them, but most were just under legal size. Took 3 legals home though :) Max bottom depth of 14' for a dive lasting 73 minutes, still leaving me with 1000psi of my 80ci/3k tank - gotta love it!

Nice dive report Mat. I was not even thinking about ya. I am gonna break the surf curse one day soon. Got to save up for gas money and get a big time kitchen pass. Count my Gulf diving out for the most part of May as I am spending a lot of time out on the CA coast, albiet no time to dive, yet. I might get home this weekend only to be on the road to Ohio to rescue number 1 daughter from school fiirst weekend in May. I bet I spend $80 on a single tank of gas. Working on a flying dive trip. I got to get my dive buddy into the local pool to review some fundamentals before we hit the salt. Will the Bronco of doom hold 2 additional passengers if we flew into a local airport?
Howard

It can hold 4, but we'll have to get creative with the tanks. Comon out, the waters been nice - for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom