GUE Deco Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arduous

Contributor
Reaction score
Question ? I have been using the Abyss Decompression software from Abysmal and find it to be a bit quirky at times. I was thinking of changing over to Deco Planner from GUE. I have never used or even seen Deco Planner. For you users of this program, Likes, Dislikes please ?

……………..Arduous

I just got Dplan which is the palm pilot version. It is very easy to use but lacks some features of desktop software (not that it matters).

Mike,

How do you like the DPlan, and what features does it lack? The only reason I am going to buy a Palm is for DPlan, and if it is no good, I just wated a LOT of money on a Palm I will never use.

It doesn't calculate O2 exposure ( no bid geal to me ). It won't do "cave profiles" (multilevel dives where the next level is above the first required stop). V-planner and decoweeneie will both do this. Again, not a big deal but it's nice to have the option for caves that do that to you. There are, of course other ways. When calculating a range (table) you can have only one variable depth or time. Voyager does both. Again, just a convenience. Oh, no closed circuit. I don't have a rebreather but I dive with some that do. I went this rout for a portable because it was much less expensive than a lap-top, and the batteries last longer. In, fact I got an extra palm pilot so I would have a backup on trips. My palms too are dedicated to running Dplan. I don't have any other use for such a thing. I was going to get decoweenie also but I think I'll save the $75 and use what I have. Dplan is extremly easy to use. You can learn it in a bout three minutes and it does all of the important stuff.

Thanks for the info! It looks like I would be a decent investment for me. I appreciate it.

I have the 105 (I think). If I remember it has a little more memory.

Hi,

have you heard of JPLAN? It's very good and completely free. I use DPLAN and JPLAN on my Sony Clie.

Give it a try (as it's free)

Mark:)

JPLAN

I have DPlan and like it a lot. If I am not mistaken, it will plan for multilevel dives. When you enter dive, just tap "Add" at the bottom for another level. This is not the same as the next dive after a surf. int. which is "Add Dive" after a dive has been plan (run). I like it because it is relatively inexpensive and easier to carry on a boat than a lap top. I don't think that you can program in a travel gas for descents. I bought a Handspring Prism and have found a number of other tasks in day-to-day life that makes it worth the expense. there is a free gas mixing program you can download for Palm OS.

Robert:doctor:

Yes. Dplan will do multilevel but not if a level is above a required stop. Some (very few) programs will calculate and display the deco you must do on the way to that way point. Like I said it's not a big deal but does require a little extra thaught to plan a dive in a cave that's configured that way.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom