AFter several attempts at BP's and Wings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
After many OW dives with my BP, Wings, STA, DIR hose config, I have decided after diving this weekend, that a BP and Wings isn't for me for many reasons. I am going back to a simple jacket BC with OW recreation hose configurations.

Thanks..

Not this time....don't care for it vs the BC at all....

Just don't care for back inflation vs jacket inflation, don't care for the 5 ft LP hose config, don't care for not having a couple of pockets in my BC, and weight integration, etc.

Lots of things I didn't like...

Dive what you are comfortable in and dive safe.

Chad

Thanks...

Yea, rather than have some 'configuration' dictate what I should do, I need to dive what works for ME and the type of diving I do. I don't think it makes sense for anyone to dive some particular config because someone tells you its the 'right' way to do dive or because its stylish or the 'in thing' to do so.

DIR config just wasn't working for what I am doing right now.

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Thanks...

Yea, rather than have some 'configuration' dictate what I should do, I need to dive what works for ME and the type of diving I do. I don't think it makes sense for anyone to dive some particular config because someone tells you its the 'right' way to do dive or because its stylish or the 'in thing' to do so.

DIR config just wasn't working for what I am doing right now.

Glad to see you dive what you like and feel comfortable with, and not dictated code. ( guess that makes you a defector) hehehe:D

I myself like some of the DIR config (but not all ). I too use what makes me feel most comfy and safe which is sometimes a combo of different things. I am fortunate enough to have jacket and wings. I guess that makes me (DITRWFM)
DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY FOR ME :thumb:

Hahaha,
Nope - it makes me an individualistic diver!

See - I said it was a religion :boom:.....:hiding:..........................

Graham

Another DIRWA

(DIR Where Appropriate)

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Hahaha,
Nope - it makes me an individualistic diver!

As opposed to a DIR diver who is somehow not individualistic?

Oh, and I am just going to ignore the post above mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom