uwatech smartcom...need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJTY

Contributor
Reaction score
my brother just recieved this computer today. We have read the enitre manual and cant figure out how to change the settings from metric..any help?

Thanks

Try the software. I know it can be done in there. Never tried without it. I think you need to hook it up to a computer to mess with that level of setting.

Compudude is probably correct.

I have a friend with a new wireless Uwatec (don't know the model) and I remember him mentioning that it had to be linked to a PC to change many of the settings.

RJTY:
my brother just recieved this computer today. We have read the enitre manual and cant figure out how to change the settings from metric..any help?

Thanks

You need a comptuer with the SmartTrak software installed, and an Infra Red (IR) interface to change the settings.

Once you have that it's easy. :cool:

The shop you bought the computer from should have a computer that will do this, and should actually have set it up for you for free.

A lot of laptops more than a year or two old came with it built in. If not, you can buy one online. Whatever you get, make sure it comes with drivers, otherwise, you'll just have a cool piece of plastic on the end of a wire.

Terry

Web Monkey:
You need a comptuer with the SmartTrak software installed, and an Infra Red (IR) interface to change the settings.

Once you have that it's easy. :cool:

The shop you bought the computer from should have a computer that will do this, and should actually have set it up for you for free.

A lot of laptops more than a year or two old came with it built in. If not, you can buy one online. Whatever you get, make sure it comes with drivers, otherwise, you'll just have a cool piece of plastic on the end of a wire.
Amazon has the one I use for something like $20. Very easy to get ahold of an IR dongle if your computer doesn't have one. (Personally, I've used the built-in IR on my laptop, and the dongle, for settings purposes, but for simple log transfers I use my Treo's IR port, and the desktop software on the machine I sync my phone to automatically imports it from the a file in teh treo folder.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom