St. Moritz Watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MPR

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I received a St. Moritz dive watch as a "gift" and I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Do I toss it on ebay or is it a keeper?
Thanks all.

It's a total piece of junk. Not even worth messing with in Ebay. Send it to me so I can dispose of it properly. No charge to you! :D

I have a St Moritz Momentum, black with the yellow face (ladies-so it's tiny) and I like it. I use it for diving as an alternate timepiece as well as other sports. I ordered it with the velcro nylon strap.

It's definitely a personal choice. My husband uses a Seiko and wouldn't consider anything else.

edit: I have the Momentum M1--rated to an obscene 50 atm.

not sure what your model is, but St. Moritzes are nice watches. i have one
which i use as my dive back-up timer (primary is the computer). it's a nice watch.

There are many different models with a wide variety of prices.

I bought my wife one of the ladies Momentum, yellow face
with black dial.
She loves it.
On our first dive trip, after the 3rd dive, we noticed
that one of the pins that holds the band on had broken.
Not sure how it happend.
When we got home we noticed that the black markings plate
on the bezel had also come off. Not the bezel, but just the
plate with the markings.

My wife was a bit upset and contacted St. Moritz. They
were very helpful and said that they had a bad batch of units
that went out. They sent us 2 new band pins, a new black
plate with a new glue ring.

I must say that while their only form of contact is through
e-mail. They are very customer oriented and fully resolved
our issue.

--- bill

They are 3 block from my office in Vancouver, I walk in and they change batteries for me as if it was a retail outlet. They are very helpful and their product is very good value. They produce a product worth a lot more than it retails for with good quality assurance.

I bought a Storm model several years ago with a 5 year battery in it which died after 5 months, they looked at the serial number and said though new it had been on the shelf for 4+ years so put a new battery in it no charge.

I love mine.

MPR:
I received a St. Moritz dive watch as a "gift" and I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Do I toss it on ebay or is it a keeper?
Thanks all.

(I'm something of a watch geek. My daily beater watch is a Rolesor Rolex Submariner I've had for 12 years. My usual dive watch is a Marathon SAR Nov 2004 contract on a red rubber band with a deployant.)

My wife's daily watch and diver is a St. Moritz Pathfinder titanium with sapphire crystal. She loves it enough that she's barely worn any other watch since getting it, and she's got some nice alternatives available. (Looks as if in her case she'll keep the St. Moritz and sell the others.)

My son has a St. Moritz M1 that flooded on a dive (I think the crown popped out for some reason - I'd checked it before we went in). He was crushed so I planned to buy him another one, but decided to send it in to see what St. Moritz could do. They replaced it under warranty, and for $24 replaced the mineral crystal with sapphire!

These are great watches. If I'd known that earlier, I'd be using one as my dive watch and the extra $600 I spent on the Marathon SAR (even though it's wonderful) could have gone to something else. Would I replace the Rolex with a St. Moritz? No, probably not. Is a new Rolesor Sub. really worth a hundred St. Moritz M1's (at what I paid for my son's watch)? Not on your Nellie.

My recommendation: use the St. Moritz and see if you can kill it or for some reason actually dislike it. In that case, flog it on the 'bay. I suspect, though, that you'll come to appreciate it. Their quartz models are bulletproof, and they use quite nice movements for their "real" (mechanical) watches. Which one did you get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom