VT3, VT pro, Atom where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reidman

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have the VT3 in stock? For that mater most of the Oceanic models.
I have tried to order VT Pro, Versa Pro and they show it in stock till you order then it's a back order. My local dealer only stocks the Pro Plus 2 console.
How about the atom is the display large enough to see under water? Is it as big as the VT Pro?
And last is there a conservative setting on the VT pro like on the Atom? or can you just change the altitude setting? Thanks

Where are you located? If in the US, contact Larry at Scuba Toys.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Nitrox_Computers.asp

The Atom's display, whilst large enough to see clearly underwater, is smaller than the VT Pro's. Most of the newer Oceanic/Pelagic Pressure System computers can be set to be more conservative (or you can just look at the bar graph and adjust your dive accordingly).

NO ONE HAS THE VT3 IN STOCK.

It is still being extensivly tested by divers in the field.

You can pre order from lots of choices.

If you live in the Southeast I sure would like to see you get it from a dealer in the Southeast... :)

SCuba Toys has the VT pro in stock that's it. When I asked how long to order any of the others he said weeks then laughed.

My LDS said they are considering NOT carrying the VT3, and would prefer to carry the VT Pro due to them making the VT3 so much more complicated etc. I love my VT Pro and wouldnt swap it for anything else. :)

Brules:
My LDS said they are considering NOT carrying the VT3, and would prefer to carry the VT Pro due to them making the VT3 so much more complicated etc. I love my VT Pro and wouldnt swap it for anything else. :)

I would be absolutely amazed if they felt the same after getting their hands on one. There are some new features and an additional Mode button - which cycles you through NORM (air or nitrox dive), Gauge and Free Dive - really not that complicated. The rest of the set modes and underwater operation are virtually the same.

Gotta say I love my atom I just got. Actually arrived yesterday. Diving with it for the first time tomorrow. Larry at ScubaToys did it again. Great service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom