Which Wrist Dive Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trish S

New
Reaction score
I would like to purchase a Wrist Dive computer. I'll be diving Nitrox, want hoseless,
mid price range. My eyes aren't as good as they were a few years ago so need legible screen:14: I won't be mixing gasses. Any suggestions would be great. Easy to figure out. Thanks Trish

Well I have the same problem with my eyes so I have been looking for big displays.
I can tell you at least which ones I have seen that are easy to see. The Aires Atmos 2,Aires Elite, Oceanic VT Pro, Nitek Duo. I have seen al of these first had and they have big easy to read displays with big numbers.

I understand the eye issues. I dive an Aeris Elite. The numbers are clear and the system is solid. I have also found Aeris customer support to be very good.

VT Pro $669 with transmitter right now. It's being replaced with the VT3 but from what you said you won't need the extra features or $$$.

We have shipped the last of the VT Pros so get one soon from your Oceanic dealer while they are still in stock!

Best,

Chris

Thanks I'll print these out and see if I can find them at my dive shop.
I saw the Uwatec Aladin Air Z Nitrox at my dive shop. Any ideas on it. Also saw on line the Suunto Vytec is it very legible?

I'll put in a good word for the Suunto Vytec or D9. A couple of my friends use them, and I've never seen a problem with loss of communication from the wireless transmitter, as with some other brands that I won't mention. The Vytec also allows for gas switching, which may come in handy if you aver got into any technical diving.

Thanks I'll see if I can find these and check them out. Thanks for all your help! Trish

tribaltim:
Trish if you don't want to spend that much on the D9 look into the D6 it's a great dive watch....
D6 & D9 are great, but smallish screens.

Cochran's have a HUGE screen, I think the gemeni is hoseless integrated air, the rest are just wrist computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom