Dacor Darwin Air - Service & Warranty Info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what happened to your hose?

I've got a leak at the end where it connects to the first-stage if the hose is moved a little, and it leaks a steady stream of bubbles at the joint where the computer is, until I get to depth, at which point, it stops.

Being a new diver (30 dives), and doing drift-diving in Cozumel, and still being somewhat of an air hog, this was a little distressing. I continued to use it and did okay with it, but I wasn't real happy about it.

I should also mention that this is the second hose that has gone bad. I'm getting a little annoyed. I'm not THAT hard on my equipment!

Do me a favor, NEVER continue to use a faulty piece of dive equipment!!!!!

Yeah there were some issues with the crimp on the Darwin Air's, Mares/Dacor should switch it for you.

Best,

Chris

The hose for the Darwin is idential to the hose for the Mares Airlab.
Take it back and ask for a warranty.

Bye the way HTM that owns Mares bought out Dacor about 5 years ago.

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
The hose for the Darwin is idential to the hose for the Mares Airlab.
Take it back and ask for a warranty.

Bye the way HTM that owns Mares bought out Dacor about 5 years ago.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks, knew that, used to rep for Mares/Dacor before Oceanic.

cerich:
Do me a favor, NEVER continue to use a faulty piece of dive equipment!!!!!

Yeah there were some issues with the crimp on the Darwin Air's, Mares/Dacor should switch it for you.

Best,

Chris

Thanks, Chris. We tried to fix it and it seemed to be okay at first. After it began leaking again, I just started keeping a real close eye on my air. Probably not the best solution, but it was either that, or else end up with a rental reg for the rest of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom