Small animal drama underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I went diving for a week-end to Holland, in the sea for once.

Awful cold weather, despite it still being summer over here :(

We missed the high tide on Saturday, so we were compelled to shorten the dive considerably (23 minutes in all) before being threatened to be carried all the way to the coast of Southern England.

Yesterday morning the first tide was at 6.15, so we were supposed to be in the water by 5.45 :bonk: ; the wake-up call arrives at 4.30 and nobody has the courage to get up :D

OK, we'll go diving at 12.00, that's a much more convenient time for anyone with brains.

Bad visibility, but something I will never forget: an anemone having lunch with a brittle seastar (some of it was still out and fighting, not a nice sight for a seastar-lover such as me, but interesting all the same).

At least the general mood of our club's gathering was very good, we slept in a single, rented caravan, well, at least those who could shut out the others' snoring!

chiara once bubbled...
Awful cold weather, despite it still being summer over here :(
When I lived in Ath, my next door neighbor told me "You must invite your friends over for our Belgian summer... last year it was August 23rd. This year we've scheduled it for the 24th."
Rick :) :) :)

Good to see you out & diving, even if the conditions were not "picture perfect".

PM me & bring me up to speed on what you've been up to! :)

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

I really need to go saltwater diving one of these days....

I have seen a ton of amazing things in wisconsin/michigan...but from what i've heard and read about diving in the ocean i think it would just blow me away.

Heres to hoping I make it there soon someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom