Sherwood Avid BCD Stuck inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheVinstigator

Registered
Reaction score
Just pulled out my BCD after the winter, I rinse my BCD with fresh water every time I dive then slightly inflate it, hooked up the low pressure line to the BCD and couldn`t stop the flow of air to the bladder. I took the inflator apart and found nothing out of place. I put a little o ring lube on the o rings and reinstalled, seems to be working fine now. I did a short dive in the lagoon, and had no problems. Is this a common occurence? Only with Sherwood inflators?? Is this repair OK or do I need to replace the o rings? Should I return it to my LDS or Sherwood? Thanks Vinny

It's certainly not unheard of across brands.

I you are confident in your work it sounds like you have already done what the shop would have done.

FWIW I dive an 05 Avid with over 90 dives on it so far.

When I rinse it I load the bladder 3 times and exercise all of the dumps. It is not until the 3rd rinse that I back flush the inflator side, I figure this is the cleanest water I can run through it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom