New Suunto D6!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello eveyone,

I just picked up the New Suunto D6 on Thursday and it is awsome! Their were only a few that arrived here on Okinawa Sunday and by Thursday they were all sold out. I did a night dive with it last night and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more. I know it's new and everything is cool when you first get it but I do believe it will hold up to it's big brothers reputation and quality.......

Tim

Hey Tim

I also just recieved the D6 in the post yesterday from Divetank.net and it is a great unit. I am yet to dive with it but from what I can tell it is very a detailed and comprehensive computer that is also very user friendly. It is not too big so can be worn every day even when not diving which is great. Did you get to use the digital compass and if so how did it go???

Cheers
Dale

Yes I did Dale actually I just looked at the shore before I got in and marked the direction with the digital compass and did my night dive and the compass simply guides you in to where you marked you asmuth all the way back I'm not even kidding you Dale I poped up about 10' from the steps where I left off from the sea wall. It worked like a charm.

Hey Dale did you get the USB Downloader with your because I didn't? Do you know if the USB Downloader is the same one that goes to the D9?

Tim

Yeah I got the USB downloader on the Dive Manager 2.3.0 disc that came with the watch. I dont know but I imagine it would be the same one that is used for the D9?

You should be able to load it from the suunto.com website maybe??? Not to sure though....

Hi guys,

A small question about the D6 and the dive-manager software. I know that the D6 does not provide average depth on its screen (I asked Suunto about this), but I would imagine it can be calculated from the available data. I know the dive-manager software provides average depth for some Suunto computers, but I am not sure if this is only for the computers that already have this information in their computer-stored data. Do you know if divemanager also provides this info for the D6?

Hey Goldmember are you talking about average depth of the whole dive?

Hi Tim,

Yeah I mean average depth over 1 entire dive. And I live in Kanagawa prefecture in a small village called Minami-rinkan. Dive with Jagfish (who lives around the corner).

The Aladin Tec, in guage mode only, will display average depth as you dive. I believe this feature is patented. It is inteneded to facilitate using the tables for multi level dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom