looking for info - travel to Grand Manan, NB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in NB and visit Grand Manan late summer. Are there shore or boat dive opportunities that anyone would know about? A PM is fine for detail.

thank you

Fun Diver:
I will be in NB and visit Grand Manan late summer. Are there shore or boat dive opportunities that anyone would know about? A PM is fine for detail.

thank you

Here is a very irritating website...at least two popups per...but I got you to their scuba page...:D :D ...Good luck...

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/scenicmarine/scuba.html

that is an obsolete web page unfortunately, but thanks for searching the net

I don't have my "Combined Atlantic Diver Guide" with me but I do not recall any shore diving sites off Grand Manan. It does list some dive sites listed as boat access though.

Just a few miles away there are the best shore diving sites on the east coast off Deer Island, New Brunswick.

We can see Grand Manan from our summer house in Lubec, Maine but have only visited once.

Hopefully one of the New Brunswick area divers can help you out more.

adshepard:
I don't have my "Combined Atlantic Diver Guide" with me but I do not recall any shore diving sites off Grand Manan. It does list some dive sites listed as boat access though.

Just a few miles away there are the best shore diving sites on the east coast off Deer Island, New Brunswick.

We can see Grand Manan from our summer house in Lubec, Maine but have only visited once.

Hopefully one of the New Brunswick area divers can help you out more.

I just checked my "Combined Atlantic Diver Guide" and there is one shore dive listed. It is Pettes Cove, North Head. Depth is listed at 2 to 6 fathoms. There are a good number of boat accessible dive sites listed too.

adshepard:
I just checked my "Combined Atlantic Diver Guide" and there is one shore dive listed. It is Pettes Cove, North Head. Depth is listed at 2 to 6 fathoms. There are a good number of boat accessible dive sites listed too.

Ok, thanks Alan.. I'll check into the Atlantic guide. Have you dived any of the spots there?

I have dived Deer island, it is beautiful!

Fun Diver:
Ok, thanks Alan.. I'll check into the Atlantic guide. Have you dived any of the spots there?

I have dived Deer island, it is beautiful!

You're welcome.

I have not dove on Grand Manan. I've never lugged the gear over. I may give it a shot later this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom