France Park, Logansport In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhelmy

Reaction score
I took the 2+ hour drive from Chicago to Logansport In this weekend to visit France Park. The cost is 1.50 to get into the park and then 10 bucks for the diving. The air was 5.00 bucks at the site. You can enter at any point of the water. The guy on duty told us where the training was being held at so we could avoid that area.

The max depth was 30 ft. We were not able to locate the paddlefish. Last reports was the fish were seen by the east cliff.

Good news for me, I was able to get my weight right, and my wife was suprised by the compass skills. We were searching out for the truck, I thought it was bouyed up, I aim my compass for the bouy, and we came along the bottom and I swam right up the line. No truck, just the line. I cannot believe this, I couldn't find an International Truck, But I was able to locate a string in the lake.

Good sight for an inexpensive dive to practice weighting and bouyancy when navagating the rock trail.

Don't follow a compass to get to the truck. Follow the ridge to find it. The ridge starts near the road bed up by the beach and runs out on about 13something degrees. The truck sits right on the ridge. From the truck you can hit the bus by going a short sistance on a heading of about 60 deg. The bus sits on the road bed so it you use some intentional error you will know which way to turn when you hit the road bed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom