Suunto Dive Manager and average depth with d6/d9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goldmember

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Suunto Dive Manager software (say version 2.3) provides average depth information. Since this is a piece of cake to calculate from the profile data, which is stored in all Suunto dive-computers, I am hoping this information is always displayed. However, computers like the D6 and D9 do not seem to provide average depth on the dive-computer screen itself (I know for sure the D6 doesn't) and I am wondering if the dive manager software indeed calculates it from the profile data or whether it simply displays what's already in the dive-computer (in which case average depth would not be available). Can anybody with a D6 or D9 and also using the Dive-Manager software comment on this one?

As someone who has reverse-engineered the download protocol for these computers, I did not find the average depth being sent from the dive computer to the desktop. My software calculates it from the profile data.

-Mark

maractwin:
As someone who has reverse-engineered the download protocol for these computers, I did not find the average depth being sent from the dive computer to the desktop. My software calculates it from the profile data.

-Mark

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately I don't own a MAC... Any plans for making a Windows version? Wih regard to average depth, somebody mentioned in a different thread that the Suunto software calculates it from the profile data also...

No, I have no plans to do a Windows version of my software.

Suunto's own desktop software also calculates and displays the average depth.

-Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom