girls problem : wizzing in ya wetty....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m and m

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've read a few small articles in dive magazines about a new invention - a way to pee in your wetsuit (ladies) without having to take it off.... does anyone know more, or have used such a device. They descibe it as a "cup" or a "funnel"! :11doh: Where exactly does it 'funnel' to? Do you need to cut a hole in the crotch of the wetsuit?

ps - I am the Miss m of Mr m.... just incase your wondering if Mat suddenly had a sex change! My name is Marina :) :D

I haven't heard of anything that wouldn't require the wetsuit to at least be partially removed (besides just peeing in the suit!!). The "cup" idea, to my knowledge refers to a device like Freshette, and it allows a woman to pee while standing & remaining dressed.. but some access is needed. http://www.freshette.com/

there are two types of divers-
those who pee in thier wetsuits-
and those who lie about it !!

yeah weeellll, call me a princess - i don't care! I HATE brewing in my own effluent while diving, and just find myself repulsive when out and refreshed but still the smell eminates from my skin :<
I don't lie, I just don't like it!
Fun diver: thanks for the heads-up... the website is a hoot! I think the product I've read about is a new invention, designed specifically for divers....??

This is the most rdiculoussssssss thing i have ever hear off.
2 pee in the wet suit is the same for both sexes, unless i'm unaware of something:wink: loooool.
Now for a dry suit, then that's a different story. There you can have a purge system, but i have never seen anything like that on a dry suit, unless you install it manually, and even then, i'm having a hard time imagening how you would fit it for use by the gentle sex loool:D
Good luck finding a way :p

Everyone has peeed in a wet suit. The water you dive in washes it out anyway. Also pee is alot more sterile than most water you drink. You wash out your wetsuit in a freash water tank after the ocean dive also. It really is no big deal!!

Just stay very well hydrated and rinse the suit well after the dive.. and well, take care of business in the water when there is still a chance for water to flush a bit through the suit.. and you won't mind just 'letting it go'.. makes all the drysuit divers jealous too :) I haven't seen a device for wetsuit divers but I'm not keeping up on my reading either! For drysuit divers there is a pee valve, and a modification for women.. but it involves "gluing" an outer condom type piece that IMO is just not worth it. This may be what they have made available for wetsuits.

So for all those ppl who are saying water flushes the pee out....obviously haven't experienced the semi-dry wetsuit phenomenom~! You get wet, but there is absolutely NO flushing.... so you very much marinate in pee... I mean the diving is just delightful and I don't not dive because of it (of course!!) but it would be nice to have an *easy solution*
I think the big difference b/w guys n girls and the pee situation is... guys can just pop 'it' out n pee over the side :wink: I guess the situation is pretty much exactly the same though once under the H20.

laserdoc:
Everyone has peeed in a wet suit. The water you dive in washes it out anyway. Also pee is alot more sterile than most water you drink. You wash out your wetsuit in a freash water tank after the ocean dive also. It really is no big deal!!
Just make sure to be the first one to rinse your suit. You never know who else had the urge underwater. :D

I don't know anyone who opens their wetsuit to go and it seems most zippers are on the back. If the wetsuit is tight, pull open the neck a bit to get more water in. Pull open/release/open/release/open/release and you get a little pump action going to flush it out.