Oceanic Veo Computers? and Retractor Mounting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSSS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a computer that has a BIG display and is easy to use. Oceanic Veo's seem to have good features, ease of use and big numbers....and the battery is user replaceable. Anybody tried one? How well do they work?

I don't want it mounted on the regulator sets cause I have several sets and dive them all. So wrist mount or retractor mount seems better. Don't care much for wrist mount so that leaves retractor mount. The Veo 250 is $250 at Leisure pro for the capsule alone without wrist boot. Is there a convenient clip on or retractor mount that won't lose the computer?

Air or Nitrox. I don't dive Nitrox but would like to try it. Guys on the rig trips only dive air, even in their Nitrox tanks. They want you back in an hour. Boats in Key Largo want you back in an hour too, so everybody dives air. I'm thinking of wrecks in Panama City or W Palm Beach. The Palm Beach shops tell me they do use Nitrox, to get more bottom time. Hmmm, $150 for a Veo 100 air only computer with wrist boot or $250 for a Veo 250 without a wrist boot (but I want a retract boot any way)...That is the Question.

When it gets quiet and easy to breathe...look at the depth gauge.

Don Janni:
It may or may not fit an Oceanic Veo series. While the Aeris and the Oceanic are both "hockey pucks," they're not shaped quite the same. The Aeris computers have a contoured area below the activation button that comes down in a "V" shape... while the rim on the Veo's is the same all the way around.

Or it may hold the computer just fine... maybe someone has some experience with that mount? Or maybe worth ordering, with a good return policy?

--Marek

That will not fit, and you would also be buying a computer with a smaller display and no warranty. I'd say do an Atmos 2 wrist unit, which would be about the same price with your scubaboard discount, but then come with a full manufacturers warranty, and there is a retractor avialible for that model.

Give a shout if I can help!

Hi Mike, I wouldn't go with the VEO because it is a really small computer, not what you seem to want. If you want to stay with Oceanic, they make an awesome computer, the Pro Plus, with everything you will will ever need, including a huge display. It will download to your PC, has backlighting, and heard it will serve up a Cappaccino at 50 feet.

Take a look at Uwatec and Suunto, they also make awesome computers with years opf experience behind the. I would stay away from LP, support your local brick n mortar store before they go away.

Oceanic's pro plus is way more than I will spend. But thanks for the idea.

There are just too many other things to get for aerial photography, rc planes, guns, kayaking, and so much more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom