Diving in Eilat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voksman

Reaction score
Hello good ppl,
I just got PADI OWD certificat in Punta Cana, so I am sort of fresh meat lol.
Will be in Israel in the end of June. Planning to go to Eilat for 3-4days. I used lived in Israel before but never did scuba diving there. What are the best places? What do I need? How much it costs? What are the procedures?
Any recommendations and tips welcome!

Vova.

From Eilat to Dahab is not too far (3 hours by taxi if I remember correctly), personally, I love Eilat, but Dahab is completely different thing, I just hope to be there again one day, especially for a day at the beach, music, shisha and a cup of tea.

After that........ BLUE HOLE!!!

Hi Voksman,
There really is good diving in Eilat. I recomend AquaSport for good warm people who know their stuff. I've spent alot of time diving with them and feel very at home there.
The best dives are pretty shallow---to about 14 meters, though there is a wreck at about 30 meters. Lots of lovely coral and fish. I've seen, in my short diving career, barracuda, eagle rays, blue spotted mantas, octopi, squid, seahorses, and lots more.
AquaSport also has a dive center in Taba, and they will take you across the border, where they do boat dives, as well as shore dives. The coral is magnificent there. Ask for Yuval and tell him I sent you.
I'm looking forward to getting down to Dahab in the summer. Never been there, But it's been highly recomended.
If you want to talk when you get here, PM me for my phone #.
Barbara

I can agree with Barbara that Aqua Sport is very good.

Some of the better sites in Eilat are Moses Rock and the Caves, but that really comes down to personal preference. Also, the day trip to Taba is very good.

Things to know about diving in Eliat:

1) Diving insurance is mandatory, and can be purchased at any shop for about $20.
2) If you can't show a logged dive within the last 6 months, you will have to do a refresh.

#2 shouldn't affect you since you were just certified.

I would say the average cost for a guided dive is around $30 ($40 with equipment).

The only thing you'll need to bring is a c-card (and money of course :))

All,
Thanks for the replies! Specially to djkpsu!
The prices look much more attractive then on Caribbean.
Don't have c-card yet, just temporal certificat...c-card will come in 1-2months. Don't sure about trip to Taba since I will be there with 2 my kids and my mom, so don't sure I can leave them on 1 day. But if I will be able I would go. 10years ago when I was on Sinai it was fantastic!

voksman, welcome to ScubaBoard!

Eilat has some great dives. Moses Rock is my favorite. It is a coral head swarming with fish. You can also do the Japanese Gardens as a boat dive, but I think the shore diving in Taba is much better:

Aqua Sport also has a dive center in Taba, right accross the border. There are two superb dives, right in front of the Hilton. My favorite is called Black Coral. Another that is further south is called the Canyon. In my opinion they are better than the dives on the Aqua-Sport II boat (Ras Hamugabila, Maxwells Reef). For a boat dive, Coral City is very good though.

I am attaching a photo taken at "Black Coral."

SmileMon:
From Eilat to Dahab is not too far (3 hours by taxi if I remember correctly), personally, I love Eilat, but Dahab is completely different thing, I just hope to be there again one day, especially for a day at the beach, music, shisha and a cup of tea.

After that........ BLUE HOLE!!!

SmileMon, I see you're a new diver like me. Please read this before you dive the BlueHole:http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=128730

RSS, what is a nice, safe dive for newbies at the BlueHole?

SmileMon, looking forward to seeing you in Eilat and Dahab.

Barbara

mmm... sounds scary, but still, as they say, on the right mix and gas management, its possible to live through it.

Better get my trimix cert soon.. :D

shrswnm:
SmileMon, I see you're a new diver like me. Please read this before you dive the BlueHole:http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=128730

RSS, what is a nice, safe dive for newbies at the BlueHole?

SmileMon, looking forward to seeing you in Eilat and Dahab.

Barbara

This is not for newbies.
A nice and safe dive at the Blue Hole is to drift from the Bells to the Blue Hole. It's a very famous dive in Dahab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom