Opinion on Uwatec Aladin Air Z Hoseless Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any thoughts on Uwatec Aladin Air Z Hoseless Wrist Computer? It seems like a great buy given that it includes the transmitter as well.

But I can't seem to find much feedback for it? Is it for Air only as the name suggests? or Nitrox as well?

Does anyone know if it has been discontinued? I didn't find any info on their website.

Is the Aladin Smart Pro a better option?

thanks

The manual on their website reads that Aladin Air Z is for compressed air only, No Nitrox. Or did you mean to say that the Smart Pro handles Nitrox as well.

alam555:
The manual on their website reads that Aladin Air Z is for compressed air only, No Nitrox. Or did you mean to say that the Smart Pro handles Nitrox as well.

There are three different models, the AirZ (does just air), the AirZ Nitrox and the AirZ O2 (same as Nitrox with added features for rebreather use). I have the Nitrox version, the person who posted above probably does also.

I bought mine after using a friend's AirZ (not Nitrox, i.e. the one that you are asking about). I bought the Nitrox version because i knew i would eventually do Nitrox. I really like mine and would recommend it but you don't give enough info as to what you are looking for so i (and probably others) can't tell you if it's appropriate for you. Are you looking for Air Integration? Then the Smart Pro is clearly not a better option, it shouldn't even be an option. If you don't want AI, then the Smart Pro may be a much better choice, given the price difference. And this is just an example, there are so many other questions: do you prefer wrist mounted rather than console, are you looking to buy online or from a dealer (the warranty makes a difference for Uwatec computers because batteries are not user-replaceable and they are free under warranty), the list goes on.

So, post a few details as to how you came to this selection and i'll reply with as much feedback as i can give.

thanks for the clarification, and asking :)
So yes, I am interested in
wrist mounted
air integrated
air and nitrox
downloadable to pc
dive log

these are the must. I was almost sold on suunto stinger(I know, no air integration), until I found these Uwatec devices. And they seem like a better value. And what sold me was the IR link so that I can synch data with my Treo. I am a gadget freak. Not to mention the fact that with almost every other computer you have to buy a cable and carry it around. IR is best. But information on these Uwatec is so hard to find and even harder to decipher from their website. So now I am leaning towards these Aladin Air z/Nitrox but can't tell if its only the Smart Tec that has the IR port or do they all?

Get the D9. Hands down the best on the scuba industry. It comes with the all the download items and it does Nitrox.

Ive been diving with my Air Z Nitrox.........for last 4 years,,,,,

have a few hundred dives on it,,,,,,,,,,

only had to change the batteries once,,,,,,,,,,,

LOVE mine....................:D

scubaguy90250:
Ive been diving with my Air Z Nitrox.........for last 4 years,,,,,

have a few hundred dives on it,,,,,,,,,,

only had to change the batteries once,,,,,,,,,,,

LOVE mine....................:D

does it come with an IR port for communicating to a pc? or do you have to buy a special cable?

that way they suck a few more bucks from ya!

its called a "memo mouse"

works east enough,,,,,,,,,,,,that graphics, I think are awesome,,,,,,,,,,,
new, i think I paid about 225 or so,,cant remember for sure now........

maybe check ebay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom