B25 bomber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, so i put it in Deep Dixie divers be cause of its location
and
Tuesday night at 10pm on the History channel, the show "Mega Movers",
will be airing the raising of the B25 bomber out of Lake Murray South Carolina

Couple of ScubaBoarders were involved with that.

For those who missed it, TIVO says it'll be on a couple more times over the next few days. You've still got a chance to watch it.

Review: It was a pretty good 1 hour documentary of the efforts to recover a sunken object. Though the show didn't focus on the divers, it did give a little detail about what they were doing, but not much. There was a decent amount of footage on them, just not much detail that most of us here would like to see. You could see ChickDiver in a few shots, but most of the show focused on the organizers of the recovery. The diving was pretty technical (compared to the average diver) as it was 149-165 feet on average (or something close) and in almost "no vis". Lights were required due to the depth and vis. The silt was very thick on the plane and touching it stirred it up. So vis got worse. Now remember they were working while diving, not just floating above the wreck, so it was most likely pretty intense. They didn't go over dive times too much, or decompression needed, but they did say they were diving tri-mix with helium. Overall, it was very ineresting and worth watching.

One of them times I wish I had cable :/

yea it was cool
i would like to have seen more about the actual diving
depths, dive times, deco times, etc
but all in all it was neat to see our lil state on the history channel

mike_s:
For those who missed it, TIVO says it'll be on a couple more times over the next few days. You've still got a chance to watch it.

Review: It was a pretty good 1 hour documentary of the efforts to recover a sunken object. Though the show didn't focus on the divers, it did give a little detail about what they were doing, but not much. There was a decent amount of footage on them, just not much detail that most of us here would like to see. You could see ChickDiver in a few shots, but most of the show focused on the organizers of the recovery. The diving was pretty technical (compared to the average diver) as it was 149-165 feet on average (or something close) and in almost "no vis". Lights were required due to the depth and vis. The silt was very thick on the plane and touching it stirred it up. So vis got worse. Now remember they were working while diving, not just floating above the wreck, so it was most likely pretty intense. They didn't go over dive times too much, or decompression needed, but they did say they were diving tri-mix with helium. Overall, it was very ineresting and worth watching.

Average dive was about an hour of bottom (working) time and roughly half that in decompression. We were doing multiple (3-4 in most cases) dives per day, and working very long days (18 hours on average).

I know the owner of the plane they pulled out. Doc Seigler and I traded emails several times about the possibility of me doing some photo/video work on the recovery operations. I can try to get more details if there are specific questions. That was one of the reasons I started doing the cold water diving...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom