Cheapest Gas near YOU...hang in there ohana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go to costco (they open at 4AM now)... filled up for 3.01 on Sunday...paid 3 or 4 bucks more than for the same fill 2 weks ago.

Well, at least I was reassured that I was getting the cheapest gas. Sadly, its still almost $3.00 a gallon. I just laughed at myself yesterday when I saw the sign that said $2.95 and thought it was a deal!!

We can actually say the good old days when gas only cost 2.50..

The better grade gasoline costs over $3.50

it's a killer...looks like they want to get America healthy at any cost...we will learn to walk again

I think home/custom built electric vehicles will also become a more common sight in Hawaii too - with no long range driving possible it's the perfect environment for them.

I've been trying to find the way of making my perfect dive vehicle ... I think a furniture moving van with an electric motor capable of a 100 mile range... of course a compressor and banks of Nitrox and Trimix would be a definite plus ... since I'm dreaming :D

I go to Costco too - and luckily it's on my way to work. Even getting there a little after 6 a.m., the lines there are horrendous sometimes - spilling out onto the road even.

I always have to compare the prices at Costco to the Tesoro by my house - if the difference is not that great, I think I'm better off filling up at Tesoro with the higher per gallon price and no wait, rather than idling in line at Costco for 15 minutes.

kidspot:
I think a furniture moving van with an electric motor capable of a 100 mile range... of course a compressor and banks of Nitrox and Trimix would be a definite plus ... since I'm dreaming :D

And the compressors will run on magic and dreams and pixie dust? :wink:

I paid $3.60 the other day. Rural Northern California is the worst. Worse than Hawaii. It's such a scam up here. Every time I have been to Hawaii, it has been cheaper to fill up than at home. That makes sense, right? Since Oakland has a ton of refineries and Hawaii is the most remote populated landmass in the world. :wink:

Ah well...I think it's all for the best. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is going to stop us from our oil gluttony until it puts a major hurt on our wallets. I saw a report recently that showed SUV and 8-cylinder truck sales have not dropped at all.

How about when it's $4? $6? $8? I bet it's not too far off.

We made this bed...

yup - I used to drive to the other side of the island because I can use a commercial filling station which is about 15-20 cents less per gallon... but now that the trip costs $12 it just isn't worth the $1.50 savings... kind of like costco lines...

Back
Top Bottom