ScubaPro Classic Plus , Exhaust Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Can anybody help.

I have just bought a ScubaPro BCD for the first time and I'm trying to remove the Exhaust Valves to facilitate cleaning.

Do I just unscrew the valves like any other BCD (I've tried but did not want to use too much force)

Or is there some secret to it that denies the use of bute force and ignorance.

Thanks

Be careful. I was talking with a repair tech and he says he has an $85 tool to remove the valve on the Scubapro vests. Inside is an O-ring that is very difficult to line up. He told me it often takes him 4+ tries to get it to seal again.

One problem you may see with your vest is if you pull on the low pressure hose to vent the vest out the shoulder valve. Eventually the O-ring will shift enough that it does not seal correctly. That means a trip to the shop to use the tool and several tries to get it sealed again.

For more info, see the post comparing the Scubapro Glide Plus with the Seaquest Pro QD. The Classic has the same valave connectors as the Glide Plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom