Coral reef status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been going on for years, reef destruction will continue in Indonesia, as well as reefs around the world. Start traveling, because its the only way you'll get to see reefs in their present degrading state.
We always talk about other countries, such as the Amazon area and the destruction of the Rain forest - did you ever think about Ohio, Ind., Mich, and Wis totally deforresting all the big trees? That happened about 100 years ago, all the big pines are gone.
Think about Florida and their reefs!!!!

Dive - travel

Caymaniac:(

I would add one thing to caymaniac's sage advice:
When you travel, you are an ambassador.
Help raise the awareness in others of the fragility, beauty, and importance of these reefs.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to dive in the Virgin Islands, FLorida Keys, and Jamaica this summer. Although the Keys probably have a higher total number of divers, the reefs there were in the best shape -- because of the passion and concern that the dive shops and fishing industries have there, and because of the way they raise awareness with divers and snorkelers. Jamaica was, by far, the worst, and it was very depressing to see the vast amount of damage to the reefs in Negril. I found it easy to begin a conversation about the condition of the reefs with the other divers on the boat as well as the divemasters. Each of us can make a difference!

(Climbing down from my soap box, now)
Scuba Legs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom