Thursday May 04 Weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Down to 238. Which is pretty good considering I haven't been to the gym this week, and my meals are off as I had some minor surgery on Tuesday.

Back to the grind starting tomorrow :D

Let the swing begin...

I'm following Camron's work out schedule in his book Fitness for Divers. I'm on day 4 of week 4 in the beginner acclimation phase. I'm back up to 180. I know it's normal for my weight to swing 3-4 pounds and that's what it's doing.

I have noticed some other differences... I can run the stairs to my 2nd floor office and not be winded at the top. I can run the half block to the field with my lab so he doesn't crap in my neighbors yard and not be winded. I have noticed an increase in energy over the day and I don't groan when I need to get up from the floor.

TwoBit

Slight fluctuations are normal, as well as leveling out for a bit. Muscle also weighs more than fat, so as fat is replaced by muscle, some weight gain is normal.

Nice work. It's good to see personal improvements.

Oops, I forgot to post last Tuesday. I'm down another 3.6 lbs, for a total of 13.6 lost since I started recording. My jeans are starting to fall down.

Hmm, that's an interesting visual :p

That's tremendous Giggi, let's keep it going!

Great job .. both of you... I need to get back on track.. vacation killed me..

lol colby, there's a reason I don't post my weight here... Did I mention that with 13 lbs down, I still have about 96 to go? (sorry...didn't mean to ruin your visual!)

Will post on a new thread after today's weigh in.

Giggi:
lol colby, there's a reason I don't post my weight here... Did I mention that with 13 lbs down, I still have about 96 to go? (sorry...didn't mean to ruin your visual!)

Will post on a new thread after today's weigh in.

hahaha! No judging, just support in here :D

For all you know, I could be 5'2 and 238lbs, hehehe

But seriously we are all trying to accomplish the same thing, just to varying degrees. And I've really found this little support group very helpful. Thanks to all, and let's keep it going!

rahrahrah!

All right, I'm back in. I was in on the original fitness challenge, went from 274 down to 236, currently at 242 and holding, without trying too hard. Time to get the next phase going, want to get down to 220, and then re-evealuate. I am also participating in a similar challenge on another board as well. Really just a way to be honest about my food (and kicked in the ***** if I need it).

Little background, as I said, 274, when a friend here mentioned he was doing a triathlon, in late 2004. Well, I had always wanted to do one, but never thought I could. He turned me onto another website about tris and beginners, and I got hooked last year.

From never being a runner, I lost some weight, went from running 3 mintues at a time, to my long runs being 1 hour plus. Still slow, but I am getting there. Did 4 tris and two long distance swims last season, including an Alcatraz swim, and have more in the pipeline this year.

Last weekend I swam a relay leg in a half ironman triathlon, and got to hang out watching all the pros and age groupers finish. HIM is 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. That was such an inspiration, i am going to register for a half ironman next season, but need to get my weight down so I can run better with less injury and ride faster.

so there ya have it!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom