Aloha to All Till Next Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to say good bye to all as I leave tomorrow for Iraq. Been alot of fun diving and meeting with some of you and I very much look forward to it when I get back.
This will more than likely be my last post for awhile so all please get wet for me.
See you all when I get back.
Duane

Hey Duane!

I still have the slide show sitting here for you! Send me your address so I can mail it or something!!

Say hi to your crew and that you all stay safe!

Hugs,
Lisa

Godspeed and be safe. Oh, and thank you for serving. I just wish it could be stateside.

Aloha Duane
Have a nice deployment. Sorry we did not get those dives in. Catch you on your return
Stay Safe.
Aloha Roger

Duane, we will be here when you get back. It was great to meet you and I wish you a speedy and productive deployment. I really believe in what you all are doing for the Iraqi's struggle for democracy and hear stories confirming this almost every day. Your job is so important in the grand scheme and I am so thankful there are men like you willing to contribute to the world in this way. Keep your eye on the ball,
(70% turned out to vote!) and thank you very much. Here, I am making you a going away card! Hope you can see the hope they have.

collage9-1.jpg

Another dive buddy gone. As he leaves, I get to come home. Time for home leave so Im leaving for home until this fall.
Be safe my friend, keep your head down and eyes open.
If anybody is wondering, what we are doing here is a good thing. It will be long but it will be worth while. I am in a unique possition as i get to talk to Iraqis on a daily basis. I ask them questions, I get there ideas and opinions. Almost universal, things are better now except for the violence which is coming from Syria and Iran. They are glad we are here and will be glad when we can leave....I wrote a story about last weeks attack on our base. I won't post it here as it has political topics in it. If you would like to see it, PM me and i will send it to you. It has been very popular to share with the people I have sent it to. maybe I should be a reporter? LOL

Remember to thank the troops!

Thank you for your service. Be safe, and we look forward to hearing from you when you return!!

Back
Top Bottom