VEO250 Navcon question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heliflyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased an Oceanic VEO250 Navcon computer and was wandering if there is anyway of getting used to using it with out being in the water?This is my first computer and it would be nice to get familiar with it before I do any diving.
Lanny

heliflyer:
I recently purchased an Oceanic VEO250 Navcon computer and was wandering if there is anyway of getting used to using it with out being in the water?This is my first computer and it would be nice to get familiar with it before I do any diving.
Lanny

Hello Lanny,

The Veo 250 has a simulator mode that allows you to do exactly what you want -

See pages 74-78 of the Operating Manual.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I'll check it out this evening.Any suggestions on proper usage for a Newb? Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Lanny
P.S. Also purchased Delta 4 reg,very nice!

The Veo 250 and other computers in our line have many advanced features, but one of our trademark user interface design elements is that even as a first-time computer user, you can jump in the water and understand it. Of course, we recommend that you read the operating manual, and as you're doing go through the simulator to get a handle on more advanced features before trying to figure it out on the back of a rocking dive boat.

Enjoy it!

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom