Uwatec SmartCom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

menc44

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone use a Uwatec(Scubapro) SmartCom? How do you like it? Can you compare it to another computer? Is it easy to use? Any other opinions/info?

I use one... I think it's GREAT! I LOVE IT! Easy to use, and GREAT on the PC when you download the data.

Can I compare it to another computer? The only other computer I've used is the Atmos 2 - which is really no comparison. What did you have in mind to compare it to?

Something comparable in price, features and quality, be it from suunto, oceanic ro any other the other reputable computer manufacturers

We've used the Smart Pros (since 2002). I've responded in numerous threads and you can find a lot of info on the Smarts by searching.

In a nut shell, we like them, large readouts, good backlighting, reliable, nice strap, easy to download, nice software, can change the level of conservatism, replaceable screen guard,....

It would be nice to have a color screen, but.... maybe in the future.

BEM:
It would be nice to have a color screen

Why? The readouts on the SMART systems seem pretty clear, and easy to read. That (color) would probably drastically increase the price of a unit that works really well as it is, with no apparent added benefit of a color readout.

Back
Top Bottom