Texan diving on Charleston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonAustin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, y'all. I'll be in Charleston next month, and figure I'll do a dive or two. First--does anybody (reputable) do charters in the Charleston area other than Atlantic Coast Dive Center and Charleston Scuba? Just curious for comparison shopping purposes.

Furthermore, if you could only do one of them while in Charleston, would you do Edisto 60 or Charleston 60? (Note, that if I do Charleston 60, it's likely that I'll be tagging-along with an OW class.)

Thanks in advance!

J

I'm not aware of anyone else doing charters off-shore at this time. Either are good, but I have ties to ACDC. Good guys and great to work with. I hear the other shop is good as well. I would check with each shop to see if the they have OW students on the Charleston 60 with you. I don't believe ACDC has started doing off-shore certification dives yet. They usually go to the springs in Florida, but check first.

Towards Edisto is usually better since you get farther from the ship traffic and the water is a little clearer.

Carolina Diver's recommendations are right on. I've got ties to Charleston Scuba, but both shops should provide good service. The Charleston 60 OW trips get pretty full, so that may dictate your decision depending on when you're here. Charleston Scuba generally runs charters Wed. - Sunday, and there are some great sites a little farther off-shore. If you can, check out the Commanche and / or the "Train Wreck" (NYC subway cars), both of which are down towards Edisto.

Back
Top Bottom