Charlotte or Columbia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Charlotte or Columbia? Which is safer city to spend overnights in on my way to Florida? Got lots of gear in suv and try to cover it up, but still prefer less crime city if possible?

Thanks

they both could be bad at the wrong locations. But in Charlotte we need your tax dollars to help fund our light rail new basket ball arena, nascar hall of fame, etc.:D What budget do you have in mind? That might help with a location. Rock Hill is just south of Charlotte and there is some nice hotels with decent food close. I live on the NC SC border so if I can help you let me know.
Butch:14:

outlaws:
they both could be bad at the wrong locations. But in Charlotte we need your tax dollars to help fund our light rail new basket ball arena, nascar hall of fame, etc.:D What budget do you have in mind? That might help with a location. Rock Hill is just south of Charlotte and there is some nice hotels with decent food close. I live on the NC SC border so if I can help you let me know.

Hi,

Didn't have any special location in mind Butch. These cities seemed like both good choices as far as a days drive from where I'm at, while on route to FLA.

My MO is pulling into motels near malls when done for the day or motels with easy access off the interstate. How are the motels near the malls off the interstate?

Thanks

I would say, find out about the hotels that you can go past the city. Being in the city is still a high risk in either Charlotte or Columbia.

ScubaJW:
I would say, find out about the hotels that you can go past the city. Being in the city is still a high risk in either Charlotte or Columbia.

Thanks

Rock Hill is just south of Charlotte and the Dave Lyle Blvd exit has a mall, Lowe's and plenty of eating establishments. I believe there is a Hampton Inn at that exit. It would be exit 79 and the last exit before NC is exit 90. So it is really just over the border.
Let me know if I can help

Back
Top Bottom