Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloysius

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering buying a dive computer from leisure pro. The same computer is 50% more at my local dive shop. The pros of buying through LP is the price. Are there any cons?

Some people have mentioned on this board that they have had problems with LP because of warranty issues, customer service and reliability. Personally, I would look into Scubatoys for your purchase.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

With something like a computer don't take a chance on an unauthourized dealer like LP. I have to second the ScubaToys reccomendation. They are authourized dealers and if you have any problems at all you'll be amazed at how they will take care of you. They'll meet or maybe even beat LP's price so you get the best price and service..

I was going to buy my comp from them but after talking to Larry from scubatoys he more then matched the price and the service was excellent plus he is a sb member

That's where we bought our 2 Gekkos a year or so ago. They had the best price at the time and they were in-stock. Delivery took about 4 - 5 days.

No complaints so far ...

'Slogger

Footslogger:
That's where we bought our 2 Gekkos a year or so ago. They had the best price at the time and they were in-stock. Delivery took about 4 - 5 days.

No complaints so far ...

'Slogger
No complaints until they break and you discover there is no factory warranty.

Lesiurepro is only marginally better than ebay.

Bought an Oceanic Data Max Pro Plus through them.

Never had a problem. Most of the time the warranty has expired before the computer poops out, so it's really not an issue.

I've always sent my computers directly back to Oceanic for annual inspection and have never had an issue with them having been purchased through LP.

the K

I bought my computer from my LDS. My brother bought his from Lesiurepro. I am happy and he complains everytime the subject comes up. He saved $60 in our case.

RJTY:
I bought my computer from my LDS. My brother bought his from Lesiurepro. I am happy and he complains everytime the subject comes up. He saved $60 in our case.
==================================
What are his complaints ?? Same computer ?? Yours works and his has problems that LP won't fix ??

'Slogger

Leisurepro is okay. The stuff they sell is the same as everyone else's, minus the manufacturers warranty. I've bought stuff from them without problems. They offer their own warranty, but it takes longer if something goes wrong.

That being said, I haven't bought from LP in a long time. There's no need to. There are a lot of other sources that are authorized dealers and can match or beat their prices - ScubaToys is my first choice. If Larry doesn't carry what I want, I check scuba.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom