Bahamas Live Aboard May 26 - 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDadMiami

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We have two spots open for a live aboard trip to the Bahamas from May 26 through May 30 (Memorial Day Weekend) aboard the MV Ocean Explorer, http://www.oceanexplorercharters.com/. This boat only takes 8 divers. So, this will be quite the opposite of a cattleboat! Diving will include pristine reefs, wall dives and, if the weather is right, we might even be able to make the remote blue holes farther South.

If tech diving is your thing, this boat has no problems with doubles, rebreathers, scooters or tech diving. The boat has O2 clean service compressors, and carries O2 and Helium.

Departure will be from Pompano Beach, Florida, which is about 45 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA), and probably about 20 minutes or so from Fort Lauderdale International (FLL). We leave at midnight for an overnight run to our first Bahamas destination. After clearing Customs on the morning of the 27th, we will be diving and traveling each day, averaging four to five dives per day. On the 30th, we get in about three dives, clear Customs and return to Florida by about 5:00 PM.

Cost for the trip is $1,400. This includes meals, tanks (80 and 120 cubic foot tanks available based upon prior reservation on a first come, first served basis), weights, air and standard Nitrox fills. For those tech divers, Helium is available for $.90 per cubic foot, and Oxygen is available for $.40 per cubic foot. There will also be a Bahamas Departure Tax and crew tip (tip generally runs 10 percent of the trip fee) in addition to the above expenses.

About the only other thing to bring would be your dive gear, personal items and towels. Also, remember that the Bahamas is a foreign destination, requiring Passports or other acceptable documentation that establishes the bearer’s identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States.

This boat has a nice setup for those who are camera bugs. I intend to bring my video on this trip because I have gotten some pretty amazing footage on past dives to these areas.

This trip requires demonstration of training and experience adequate for diving advanced, remote locations. We will require this proof before allowing you to join us. Sorry, but this is for your own safety.

PM me if you need additional information or wish to join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom