Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skybird

Reaction score
Is anyone planing to go to Martha's Quarry this weekend for the Diver's Appreciation Day? I talked a friend into take a personal day at work ( SO hard to do you know) and she and her husband are going with me. Will be my first time to get wet since the end of October !!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOo ready.

Skybird

I didn't know there was one. (Diver's Appreciation Day) What time are you going to be there? What's special about Diver's Appreciation Day? Free air fills? A waiver of the entry fee? Perhaps they've warmed the water to 84F, tamed the ear-chomping bluegill, and siphoned all of the gunk out of the water? LOL

Saturday, right?

I was planning on going, but now I have to help my son move out of his apartment Saturday. It's always something.

Fish_Whisperer:
I didn't know there was one. (Diver's Appreciation Day) What time are you going to be there? What's special about Diver's Appreciation Day? Free air fills? A waiver of the entry fee? Perhaps they've warmed the water to 84F, tamed the ear-chomping bluegill, and siphoned all of the gunk out of the water? LOL

Saturday, right?

In the last few years everyone got in free, you receive a 25% discount card on admission for a year, and a lot of the dive shops have door prizes and freebies. It's a lot of fun. Usually close to 200 divers there. I've been the last three years but this year I'll be in Pensacola.

Oh...and they usually have free food. Hotdogs and hamburgers.

Yes the 13th and I guess it starts at 9:00. Thats usually when Fred opens.
You might check with MTSS too. For a couple of years they do free tank rentals but you have to call and reserve a tank prior to Saturday.

Fred's not been "real good" at getting out the details of if they are having it this year or bothering to update his website any. I tried calling his phone a few times a week or two ago and never got him (and he has no voice mail).

If he's doing anything, I've heard it's pretty decent. Several shops and gear manfuactureres "might" have door prizes.

How far is it from Huntsville? Anybody from this area going?

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom