Proper way to store a BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgangi

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 Scubapro BCs and am now dealing with the difficulty of storing them. I have a hanger for one BC and was going to get a hanger for the second BC until I found a slight logistics problem -- my closet has no more hanging space. These damn things take up a LOT of room when hung!

BUT...I've got lots of available shelf space in my closet. Will I damage my BC if I store it flat on the shelf? Can I lay the 2 BC's on top of each other? Or do I need to hang them?

The only thing I know for sure is that you are supposed to store a BC with some air in the bladder (to prevent it from sticking?). Anwyay, this makes perfect sense to me. Now all I need to understand is if these BCs need to be hung or if they can be stored any other way.

Thx...Doug

For short term storage there are basically two critical considerations - First, flush it with plenty of fresh water to make sure all the salt's out; second, it should be stored with enough air in it to keep the sides of the bladder from touching and sticking together (and don't store anything on top of it). For long term storage, you'll need to dry the inside of the bladder - not too complicated but if you have any doubts have your local dive shop prepare it for you.
Rick

Well you could always hang it on your shower rod :D or you could build a place to hang them up ..... just a couple of thoughts.

Rich :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom