Aeris Atmos Elite questions about current ver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoster33702

Contributor
Reaction score
Ive read some threads (over a year old) that mention some problems with the elite losing connection and such. Just curious as to how the most recent batches are doing?

Is there a new version about to come out that I would rather have? :) - about to buy one.

Jeff

Edit - also - Other than hoseless, are the features of the elite 100% the same as the AI?

Thx

I just got an ELITE and have only dive with it 6 times. I have not lost a conection with it yet and have tried. The way I tried was to move my arm in different directions just to see it there was any dead spots that It would not recieve. I could not find any as long as it was with in 3-4 feet of the first stage. I really like it, It is simple to use and read. I was told that it could loose conections but if it did it would start to work again as soon as it see's the tranemiter again. You can see when it looses connection because there is a little signal indecator on the screen. Like I said and this is just my 0.02 I am a fan of the ELITE. It is easy to read, use, and download from to the PC.

I have dived with my Elite for about 15 months so far and have never had a problem with it. The connection is always solid. The dial easy to read. Aeris customer support is excellent.

I switched from an Ai to an Elite about 12 dives ago (when my Ai was stolen). Other than being hoseless and a few cosmetic differences, the Ai is exactly the same as the elite. I haven't had any problems with it reading my air pressure so far, but do have a small, bootless SPG on a short hose as a back up. I'm very pleased with this set up so far.

I have the Altmos Elite. I have dove about 20 dives with it. I had not lost connection until the last time I dove. I lost connection for only about 3 seconds. You do not lose anything IF you lose connection, I think it looks for a connection 4 times a second?? By the way I love it. I would also get the download cable, I like the graphs it can make

Boomo

My boyfriend and I love our Elite's. His lost sinc for a couple seconds on the last dive during our safety stop, but picked it right up again. Mine has never lost sinc. I love having my pressure right on my wrist. During training I used a console and hate having to fumble for it every time I wanted to check by pressure. I find I check my pressure more often since it's on my wrist and I always know what my pressure is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom