Regulator help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triton013

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I got a pair of old Scubapro adjustable second stages chrome plated. They are all put together with exception of two (2) things. First exhaust tee on regs can't be found anywhere, and second the little Scubapro insignia above the diaphram for both them are gone. Everything else is good to go but I'm not going to use these old farts, I just want to show some of my friends when I started diving 17 years ago what I started with. I also got a pair of Dacor Pacers to show off as well but my need for help is with the S.pro regs.

I beleive parts are still available from Scubapro.
I don't use mine anymore either but probably
should. They are a fine simple second stage.

Good Luck,

John

triton013:
Everything else is good to go but I'm not going to use these old farts, I just want to show some of my friends when I started diving 17 years ago what I started with.

You may be making a mistake. The old Scubapro metals are my primary regulators now. I retired my Mk20/G500 as the older regs worked just as well, are more rugged, and easier to maintain. The new replacement exhaust T is available from many SP dealers, but looks quite different than the original. The regs will work fine without the metal insignia. I don't know if it is still available as a repair part.

Exhaust tees were not available for awhile but SP recently did a run of replacement exhaust tees. They are not the same as the originals and are a bit more generic in design (designed for both the 080 series and the 109/156 series) but they work and are close to the originals in general performance.

The little chrome S-logo purge cover inserts are still available as well.

I agree with AWAP that a good metal cased reg like the Balanced Adjustable is very hard to beat in terms of perfomance, lack of dry mouth, cold water reliability, etc. If you own an Adjustable or Balanced Adjustable it can be inexpensively upgraded to use the current G250/S600 s-wing poppet. All that is required is a G250 balance chamber and a new spring (about $2.00 in parts) plus a G250/S600 annual service kit. In rare cases with very old adjustables a new G250 lever may be needed but it is about a $5.00 part.

If you want to upgrade them, I'd be happy to do it for you and have the parts currently in stock.

I just serviced an R109 (up-graded) and I am having a hard time putting the exhaust tee back on, dose anyone know any "tricks" that might make it easier?

CMAN:
I just serviced an R109 (up-graded) and I am having a hard time putting the exhaust tee back on, dose anyone know any "tricks" that might make it easier?
It helps if you warm it up in very hot water. Let it soak long enough to become thoroughly heated and you want to heat it enough so that it is about as hot as you can stand to handle.

Once it is installed and properly aligned, I will run cool water over it to coll it and set it in position. I have found that you want to hold the relatively soft back of the Tee in the proper position when you cool it to prevent it from becomig distorted.

DA Aquamaster:
It helps if you warm it up in very hot water. Let it soak long enough to become thoroughly heated and you want to heat it enough so that it is about as hot as you can stand to handle.

Once it is installed and properly aligned, I will run cool water over it to coll it and set it in position. I have found that you want to hold the relatively soft back of the Tee in the proper position when you cool it to prevent it from becomig distorted.
Thats what I did (not the cold water part)and I was able to get it back on. Thanks for the help. The second one (I did two) went on a little easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom