Oceanic Veo 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reiskash

Reaction score
I am putting together my first gear package. Does anyone have an experience or knowledge of the oceanic veo 250?

Thanks

reiskash:
I am putting together my first gear package. Does anyone have an experience or knowledge of the oceanic veo 250?

Thanks
I have the 200 which is the same as the 250 except for where the buttons are postioned. I like it. Do you have something specific you want to know?

You consider it conservative? Easy to operate and see underwater? I have yet to use a computer, would it be easy to figure out?
Thanks in advance

reiskash:
You consider it conservative?

It's generally considered liberal. But that needs some explanation. First, it follows the PADI tables for NDL on the first dive to a tee. This is more liberal than some, I gather. But, I've seen reports that the liberality disappears on the repetive dives. You get about the same amount of time during the day to dive as with other computers, it's just more on the first dive. You can "make" it more conservative by having it beep at you before you bump up against the NDLs.

reiskash:
Easy to operate and see underwater? I have yet to use a computer, would it be easy to figure out?
Thanks in advance

Very easy to see and operate under water. The basic stuff is easy to use, for sure. I still have to refresh my memory about what it looks like and is telling you when it gets into deco mode. I don't ever use it that way, but I want to know what the displays look like.

The manual is online. It also comes with a waterproof (or at least resistant) cheat sheet you can take on the boat.

I'm a new diver. (29 dives). I have a 250 and like it a lot. Easy to read, fantastic manual-very easy to understand and practice with. Be aware that you will likely not hear alarms with a hood on so you have to anticipate or look often for flashing lights.
Oceanic is a wonderful company that stands behind its' products and divers.

You can dive conservatively by staying in the green scale on the Nitrogen Bar Graph.

The next model up has much larger bar graphs which I wish the 250 did, but it's a great and easy to use computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom