AGA/Divator 2nd Stage: Mouthpiece adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I just sent in my AGA/Divator 2nd stage for a rebuild, and noticed that there is an available mouthpiece adaptor that allows you to use the regulator as a conventional regulator when its not attached to the full-face mask.

Has anyone gone diving using one of these? Would you recommend it?

At $88, it seems steep, but it would let me use it as an octo when I'm not using the FFM.

Thanks for the input!

Here is a pic of the reg with the mouthpiece

docer.jpg

I bought one once, never used it and have no idea where I put it. I will tell you that the AGA reg is a superior regulator. Buy one, use it, and let me know how it works. I suspect it will work fine. Are you planning on using it with the original hose or get an adapter and use a standard LP hose?

james croft:
I bought one once, never used it and have no idea where I put it. I will tell you that the AGA reg is a superior regulator. Buy one, use it, and let me know how it works. I suspect it will work fine. Are you planning on using it with the original hose or get an adapter and use a standard LP hose?
PS-I paid $20.00 for the adapter on Ebay.

Hi James,

Wow, $20! Please PM me if you find it and want to sell it :wink:

I've ordered the original hose for it... I was going to go with the swivel adaptor, but it looks like those can wiggle loose when pressurized, which seems like a bad deal. Apparently, those have been recalled. Do they have a non-swivel adaptor available?

Thanks for the info!

Not that I am aware of. FWIW, I had to get my mouthpiece from England on Ebay. I have heard of failures from swivel adapters. If you switch to a mouth piece, I would go with the original hose.

That darn exchange rate on the dollar is making a lot of mischief compared to the most stable currencies on the planet (Scandinavian; Finland is #1, followed by Sweden, Norway & Denmark).
There are "sweeps" made, a short piece of bent tubing between the reg & hose end that can be used instead of a swivel.
I have an AGA reg that came with a set of "tiny twins" that were rated for 4400 psi - back in the late '60s & early '70s. Needless to say they never caught on in the daze when 1800 psi bottles were still somewhat common.
I see the hose listed at $43, so its probably got some sort of fancywork about it.
The regs were good for inverted bottles like the current Interspiro/Divator.
The US AGA tanks were made by PST in West Allis.
http://www.interspiro.com/products-diving.htm

Hello all,
I just received a used AGA, and I am still guessing. I have used them before just never set-up my own. Anyway my question. I noticed the hose is marked LP so does that mean it should be set to an LP port on my 1st stage? I have never heard of powering a primary off LP and maybe I am just an idiot.

Hi Berserker,

I'm sort of new to this, too, but from what I've learned, the low pressure ports are for your demand regulators and BCD/Drysuit inflators, etc., which aren't designed to deal with full tank pressure. The high pressure port is for devices that must deal with the full pressure of the tank, such as your gauge.

To be on the safe side, it would be best to take the regulator and the hose to your local dive shop... they will be able to look at your setup and make sure it is assembled safely.

Good luck!

Berserker:
Hello all,
I just received a used AGA, and I am still guessing. I have used them before just never set-up my own. Anyway my question. I noticed the hose is marked LP so does that mean it should be set to an LP port on my 1st stage? I have never heard of powering a primary off LP and maybe I am just an idiot.
Attach your LP hose to the LP port on your first stage. Make sure to attach the other end to the reg on the mask first before turning on the air. Probably goes without saying, but I have been whipped silly by having omitted doing that when I was not paying attention. I will only do that once.
It might be wise to have the Interspiro reg checked by a certified AGA tech, using a proper test kit to make sure it is in spec.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom