DX4/Delta 3 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I dive the DX4 with enviro kit / Delta 3 reg system. I have always had good luck with it. In fact I have always had good interaction to you company in general. Now then. I have started using a new dive shop, they don't deal Oceanic. Now I'm not getting a hard sell or anything, but they are regularly suggesting that I should "upgrade" to a better regulator system. I know the system I use has been around for a few years, but can not see why I would need to upgrade. I'm looking for a solid, honest, evaluation of my life support equipment from it's manufacturer.

Here is a little background:

I dive mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
I regularly dive deep 120+.
I run LP tanks, sometimes singly, sometimes doubles.
I use one DX4 for argon.
I keep my regs O2 cleaned since they regularly run mixes.
I'm looking at doing some ice diving.
My regs get regular yearly service.

When I decided on this reg I was under the impression that it was a top performer regardless of what I was going to do.

It is a solid performer. My feeling is you know this but are getting lots of pressure to upgrade.

You woud notice if the diving you were doing was beyond the capability of the reg., which it isn't.

Best,

Chris

Nothing at all wrong with that setup. I've been diving the delta3 cdx5 since I started and would not hesitate to buy another. In fact I keep my eyes open all the time for another. I'm going tech later this year and want it for my doubles set up. I'll be converting my other one to DIN when I get started so both regs will be the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom