GPS Coords for Wrecks in the BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All -

Does anyone have GPS coordinates for wrecks in the BVI? I mean - some are no-brainers like the Rhone and the Chikuzen is too far out to go without a dive boat - so I am mostly looking for sunken barges, sailboats, etc...

thanks

The Rhone and Chikuzen are obviously the best. The Chikuzen is probably one of my favorite wrecks ever--largely due to the fact that 2 - 500+lb jewfish live there. There are three good wrecks near Blue Chromis Reef -- Inganus Bay and two others whose names I can't remember. The three are all bouyed and very nice artifical reefs. Inganus Bay is a really easy penetration and looks wonderful on a sunny day, a very beautiful dive. I don't have the numbers, but they should be on any BVI dive guide.

brandon

Has anyone found or developed a good listing of GPS coordinates for wreck and reef dives in the British Virgin Islands?

There isn't really a wall there, so must dives are very close to land and have mooring balls. There are many books on the area, but I don't know if they have coordinates.

brandon

Yea - most of the sites do have moorings but there are quite a few that I would like to do that are undersea mounts... like McCurio's Rock...that don't. Apparently - this particular mount is very difficult to find in even the best conditions; it features a 100 ft tunnel to swim through which sounded really cool.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Chikuzen is a fantastic wreck.

Even better, there is a pretty spectacular video of a mermaid (!)exploring the Chikuzen. With mermaid I mean nothing less than a lady diver wearing a golden fishtail.

voidware once bubbled...
The Rhone and Chikuzen are obviously the best. The Chikuzen is probably one of my favorite wrecks ever--largely due to the fact that 2 - 500+lb jewfish live there....
brandon

There is a dive site called Wreck Alley, but you have to have a boat to get to them--like 99% of the sites there. It is best accessed from Virgin Gorda. You can look up Tudor Scanes or Cori Gondek with Dive BVI for the coordinates.

Hope These help:
N18.37.110 W6431.000

zboss:
Hi All -

Does anyone have GPS coordinates for wrecks in the BVI? I mean - some are no-brainers like the Rhone and the Chikuzen is too far out to go without a dive boat - so I am mostly looking for sunken barges, sailboats, etc...

thanks

skyhawk265:
Hope These help:
N18.37.110 W6431.000

I'm also looking for (even though it's not inthe BVI) the co-ordinates for the Major General Rogers off the beach from St. Thomas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom