Oceanic Veo 250 or areis ai computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meterman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
witch one do i want? i already have the specs on both so i no what they both can and cant do i just dont no what one to get. i like them both. what one do you like or use?
thanks

meterman:
witch one do i want? i already have the specs on both so i no what they both can and cant do i just don't no what one to get. i like them both. what one do you like or use?
thanks

I have two ATMOS AI computers. I use one and my daughter (doing her checkout dive Memorial Day weekend) uses the other.

I like them because they are well made, the digits are easy to see and it also does Nitrox which is important since I have already passed the Nitrox exam and she will be taking hers within the next week or so.

I hook the ATMOS AI to a small retractor hooked to the upper right D ring of my KnightHawk BC.

Oceanic and Aeris are built by the same company, Pelagic Pressure Systems (they are owned by Oceanic.) It is my experience that the Aeris computers although they may appear to be similar have something missing that is in Oceanic versions. For example, the new VT3 computer from Oceanic has a smart glo system when it lights up and won't light up if you do not need it. The Aeris version will have a constant on light (which can eat batteries) Look closely and you can find the differences. Just so you know Oceanic dealers are not allowed to carry Aeris and vice versa so you may need to visit a few shops to get to the differences

Typically the Oceanic computers are better than their Aeris counterparts but may be packaged differently. Just my two cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom