Michigan City, IN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversauras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am searching for a dive charter between Chicago and Michigan City. Want to do dive wrecks or something else neat on which to log some bottom time before the weather turns. My suit is 5mil and I understand that is OK for the next month or so. True?

I'm diving with Shipwreck Adventures this weekend. They're in Winthrop Harbor, north of Chi. It's my first time diving in that area, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Dove with Chicago Dive Charters..they are located in Burnham Harbor right by Soldiers Field. Just went out on Sunday morning to a couple wrecks...water was around 66 degrees top to bottom--max 42ft..no thermocline. Viz was around 15 feet on the first wreck and about 5-10 on the next. Water was extremely choppy and it made for an interesting trip to the descent line along the tag line, but once I got under it was ok.

Dont have any numbers for you at the moment, but if you want to try them out..PM me and I'll give the info...try 312-555-1212 and see if they can get it for u.

Dive crew was very knowledgeable and funny.

Jason

In case you missed the name change, I used to be dkigreg and now have the name that better suits my ancient diver status, diversauras.

I am looking forward to some boat diving, was it a long trip? What was the boat like? Do they have a web site?

Went to Haigh with Scubafishee weekend before last and as good as quarry diving is I do miss the ocean. I am hoping that lakes diving is closer.

Would you go back and do it again? When, or is the water temp getting down for the season already?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom