Depth Guage for Oceanic Versa Nav Con

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohioscubadiver

Registered
Reaction score
I currently have a Versa Pro dive computer in the nav con console and I am considering moving it to a wrist boot. My question is: Is there a depth gauge that will fit into the Oceanic nav con console? The LDS indicated that Oceanic did not have a depth gauge that would fit in the Versa Nav Con Console, but I believe they are mistaken.

I have also considered the high pressure quick disconnect that Oceanic offers. Does anyone have any experience with this quick disconnect?

The reason I am considering these options is that I would like to be able to look at the previous dive information and use the dive planning functions of the dive computer during surface intervals, which is difficult on some boats.

Oceanic has a max depth guage that will fit the boot check out their website for a dive center near you. I have had lots of expereince with the Oceanic Quick disconnect and in a couple of words it is awesome. I would not recommend a computer without it.

The good thing about this hose and why it can add about $100 to the cost of the computer is that it can be pressurized without anything attached and it will not leak. Once pressurized the computer or guage cannot easily be detatched.

The people who I know have the hose think it is awesome for being able to detach your computer for logging your dives if you do not have a wrist computer.

I have the Versa Pro with the quick disconnect. Like Deepn2divn said, it is awesome.

I have an old analog depth gauge that I put into a single console that quickly attaches to any hose. I attach it to my HP hose, this way if my computer fails I can use a watch, depth gauge and tables. This may be an option for you. You can then use the quick disconnect to unattach the dive computer console from the HP hose and do your dive planning.

You should be able to pick up an old analog depth guage fairly cheap and the single console costs about $5 - $10.

Definitely get the QD, whatever you decide, it is worth it.

Deepn2divn and diving_emtp

Thanks for the responces.

Initially I was just considering moving the computer to a wrist boot and putting a depth gauge in the console.

My concerns about the quick disconnect are that it could be a failure point in the high pressure hose, and I did not know if it was possible to get moisture in the SPG by disconnecting the console inbetween dives.

My concerns about the wrist boot are that I could leave the computer at home/on the boat, and the possibility of the wrist strap breaking during a dive.

Currently I am leaning toward getting the quick disconnect and getting a backup analog depth gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom