Dive computer????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woodburyman

Reaction score
I'm new to diving and in the process of buying equipment. I trained with a Suunto Cobra and liked it. When buying things I normally go for what I want long term and foot the bill upfront rather then second guessing the decision and re buying later. My dilema is should I buy the Cobra or spend the extra bucks(about twice to go with the D9. I will likely dive 20-30 times a year in the upper Midwest and then do at least one vacation someplace warm every winter. Any help would be apreciated

i dive the cobra and dive nitrox. it will likley be the last computer that i will need (i have no desire to go tri-mix) if you are only going to dive 20-30 times a year the cobra will be fine,put the extra cash you save in a collection for a dry-suit !!

Love my SUUNTO STINGER!

The D9 is nice but has several functions you might not need. Get the Cobra.

You're going to spend lots of money anyway... :)

I have a Cobra and I don't like the big console. That is something you really need to consider: wrist or console. The more gear I dive with, the less I like things bulky. I would buy a D-9 for nitrox mixes. This is probably something you won't ever do. But the wrist vs. console is a very real issue.

Welcome on Board

Please keep in mind that if you are "diving by computer", and your buddy has a different brand of computer, your Suunto will likely tell you that you have to go up first. More than likely, you will be the limiting factor on the dives.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Sorry, can't say. I like to dive Oceanic and select my own degree of conservatism.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:zorros: don

smiley-linie-013.gif

I dive Suuntos and have never had to limit my buddies dive because of it. I would assume you dive regular recreational profiles. They do give longer deco times but I always have enough air and bought them because they are conservative.

I''ve heard the Suunto gives a shorter time at 60ft than the recreaional tables. That's pretty darn conservative...

Back
Top Bottom