Delta P VR3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blacthorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what opionons are of the Delta P Technologies VR3 dive computer. Impressions, likes, dislikes, etc. I am just looking for ideas, I am considering purchasing one and can't really find a lot about them on this board.

Thanks for any ideas

Blacthorn:
I was wondering what opionons are of the Delta P Technologies VR3 dive computer. Impressions, likes, dislikes, etc. I am just looking for ideas, I am considering purchasing one and can't really find a lot about them on this board.

Thanks for any ideas

I'm a recent VR3 owner, but have only done a few dives with it. I like it so far and the general consensus from other owners is pretty much the same.

I too just bought a VR-3 this year. I have about 10 dives on it, with 3-4 requiring decompression stops. So far I like it a lot. You can't ask for much more versitility, and once you have learned the buttons, it is easy enough to use under water. I think the big things are the ability to switch gases, which is easily done, and the information that you have access to during your dive. The screen while diving is easy to read and the ascent screen is stupid proof. I mean if you are coming up to quickly, you get a big red hand that says stop. When you reach your stop depth, the red hand comes back. When your stop interval is done, a green arrow points up and your next stop depth is clearly displayed. If you go to VR-3's web site....the UK one, they have a flash program that allows you to simulate a dive.

Hardest damn computer I ever tried to learn! Rebreather guys seem to swear by them though.

I would like to say useful friendly stuff.

Once you get used to pushing the buttons it becomes fairly intuitive to use though at first I had a little trouble figuring out how to get where I wanted to be.

It is extrememly versatile. I use mine for recreational diving on air or nitrox as well as trimix and closed circuit rebreather diving.

The nice feature about that is you can buy the base model and then upgrade it as needed for the features you want. You simply purchase a PIN number which when entered activates that feature of the computer.

If I were buying one, I'd probably do the VPM option. Apparently it's been massaged a bit by the company though. So I don't know how well it would track something like V-Planner.

brianstclair:
Any thoughts on the VPM option?

Brian

Just got through diving a new VR3 with VPM for a week of CCR diving. It's the bomb. Had an earlier VR3 for a couple of years and liked it. Got the new version with every bell and whistle except the analyzer function. Color screen is great to look at UW. I left the light on continually. After a little practice the buttons become intuitive enough. Like anything there is a learning curve. I own/owned all the mixed-gas/ccr capable computers and my favorite is still the VR3. Only negative is it's a little big.
Buy one, you know you need it.
Bill

I too, like my VR3 but only buy one if you have someone who can help you navigate through its menu's and functions. Also make sure it is going to serve you well, no need to buy more computer than you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom