Lake Diving in the Mid South?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked Monkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking to spice it up a bit, and would like to do a few local dives in a lake, for a change. You know, to see the "natural" side of local diving. Maybe within 2 hours of Nashville??? I'm open to scheduling it wherever someone else is available.

I'm flexible, and can do either shore diving, or split the cost of a boat. (I may have 1 or 2 additional divers to defray the costs even more, if that's cool.) I'm kinda new to the area (moved down from DC 6 months ago), and don't have any bias so far. I've heard some rumours about the local lakes, but choose to not believe them :wink:

If you're interested in throwing something together, post a reply to this thread.

Mike

Dale Hollow in my opinion is the only diveable lake around Nashville. The vis isn't bad and there is actually alot to see. I dove there 3 time last summer and had a blast. My brother and I are going to try to do a weekend there in July. I'll let you know the dates once we get it ironed out.

There are some remnants of old buildings that were there when it flooded, a old bridge, roadbeds, and very cool weed beds that hold a lot of fish. The dive shop there has a map showing where the structures can be found. Its not the ocean but it is something different than the local quarries. The only thing you have to worry about is the boat traffic. A dive flag doesn't always mean a lot to boaters there.

Back
Top Bottom