July 30 Lake Pleasant outing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
DaveAZ posted this in the AZScuba forum, but I thought I'd repost here for anyone who hasn't opted into that forum yet. This is open for anyone, even if you just happen to be visiting from out of town that weekend.

DaveAZ:
On Sunday, July 30th, we are planning to dive Lake Pleasant.
Rob (dive-aholic) will be there and is familiar with the dive.
This dive is open to anyone who can make it- invite everyone!

Based on last year, the water depth should be approximately 20 feet, the water temperature in the mid 80s. (wetsuit optional - bathing suit NOT optional.)

We will be meeting at Sports Chalet (East of I-17 at Exit #218: Happy Valley Rd.) and leaving Sports Chalet at 10:30 AM.

Sports Chalet
2501 W Happy Valley Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85085-3701
623/ 869-6593
Hours: Sun. 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Their gear rental information is here:
http://www.sportchalet.com/corp/inde...al_rates_scuba
Call in advance to reserve any tanks/gear that will be needed. They require a credit card for the deposit on tank/gear rentals. If you will be renting gear there, please try to get there at or before 10am to allow time for transactions. (If you are really slick, get your stuff the night before from your favorite dive shop instead.) If you want to do two dives, bring two tanks…

We plan to leave Sports Chalet at 10:30. The lake is about 20 miles (45 minutes) from this point.
We hope to be at the lake and getting in the water by noon.

Directions:
North on I-17 for Five miles;
Exit #223: West on Carefree Highway (AZ 74) for 11 miles;
Pass (Do not go in) the Lake Pleasant Marina entrance. Turn North on Castle Hot Springs Rd. for 2 miles;
Turn East at Lake Pleasant access Road;
Stop at Main Entrance Station (Pay $5.00 fee);
Go straight on North Park Road. When you come to the part of the road that widens and has a yellow lined median, slow down and get ready to make a hairpin left turn. This is Dirty Shirt Rd.;
Drive a couple hundred yards and turn right onto a dirt road. Follow this dirt road to the water. This is Scorpion Cove, aka the wall. The cove runs from foot deep to about 10 feet deep, the perfect place to get acquainted with new gear, suits, etc. The wall starts inside the cove about 50 ft from the permanent buoy in the cove.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/

RSVP here if you're interested just to give everyone an idea of who's going. If the outing on the 24th and this one have decent turn outs, we'll look into doing this every other month.

I'm IN!! Can't wait to meet some of you AZ divers and get a look at the local dive spot. I'm coming from midwest diving so this ought to be great!

Just a reminder to everyone - This is one week from Sunday. Hope to see a lot of divers there!

I just reread the info and was wondering if anyone would be out at the lake earlier in the day? I plan on meeting you all at the lake instead of the Sports Chalet if that's not a problem? I also plan on being at the lake in the morning before it's to hot. I would like to do a early dive if my buddy (Mom) can and if not I'll take my seadoo.

Anyway...Since I will be out there early if someone can give me a location I would appreciate the heads up so I don't have to move all my gear and shade when you arrive. Thanks

ScubaGoat:
I just reread the info and was wondering if anyone would be out at the lake earlier in the day? I plan on meeting you all at the lake instead of the Sports Chalet if that's not a problem? I also plan on being at the lake in the morning before it's to hot. I would like to do a early dive if my buddy (Mom) can and if not I'll take my seadoo.

Anyway...Since I will be out there early if someone can give me a location I would appreciate the heads up so I don't have to move all my gear and shade when you arrive. Thanks
I'll probably be there early, I am planning on diving if my swimmer's ear is cleared up by then.

Directions: http://www.getbentscuba.com/scorpion_bay.php

Garrett

How late in the day do you think you'll be there? I'm not sure we can make in the morning.

I'm going to try to make it there by 10, maybe earlier, but I may need to get fills first. I'm planning on doing a night dive, so come on out whenever you can.

Yet again another one bites the dust. I went to the ER this morning at 5am and was diagnosed with a 2mm kidney stone. I will be seeing a urologist some time this week for further treatment and hopefully pass it soon, if not my up coming trip to FL will be a bust. I still plan on being at the lake on the 30th but will not be diving if still on my pain meds. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom