Another "newbie kit" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

audission

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(Sorry, all got to start somewhere!)

Hi everyone,

Investing in some kit of my own shortly. Think I've drawn up a shortlist of the sort of set up I might like, was wondering if anyone could see any obvious flaws/has any tips etc, all appreciated.

I'm planning to use it to dive in British waters in summertime:

Mares Isotherm semi-dry suit
(+hood/boots/gloves)

Scubapro T-Sport BCD

Basic Suunto instruments

Scubapro mark 17 R395 and R395 octopus (DIN version)

Faber steel 12l cylinder

Mask/fins the best I can afford that's comfortable

(Undecided on a computer for now)

All suggestions welcome. Great site by the way, friendly little community you've got here... love it. :D

depending on how much you will be diving you might want to hold off on the tank as for mask i recommend a mares x-vision or purevision. The fins mares quattros or scubapro jets. cant comment on enything else. hopefully i helped a little.

don't get yourself hooked on any 1 wetsuit unless you have tried it on and it fits really nice. i tried about 10 before i found one i was happy with.

My husband and I dive with Mares Volo. We are very pleased with them. We both also have Henderson hyperstretch wetsuits which we like - easy to get on and off. I've also got the air integration system - Suunto Vytec computer, which I love as well. The Suunto's are conservative computers, which add an extra level of safety to your dives, if you follow it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom